Business Transformation - Pan European IT Function Streamlined
A major multinational was growing too fast in Europe for the European IT function to keep up. At a certain point, the lack of functional processes, quality standards and support functions within the IT function started to have a negative impact on business efficiency.
Supporting over EUR1bn in business, the IT function was totally revamped. A three day workshop was used to identify and agree key areas for improvement. New solutions were drafted, verified and implemented.
Agreement and support with all country stakeholders was obtained and new processes and functions were introduced and improved on a continuing basis until targets were reached.
- Improved reliability of services
- Improved involvement of users and stakeholders in defining and prioritizing IT efforts
- Budgets completely aligned to business needs
- Clear processes in place for managing software development, testing and live environments
- Establishment of common IT environments throughout Europe, and by voluntary adoption in Asia too
- Helpdesk and operations functions established with clear guidelines and objectives
- The team was able to deliver “major” improvements to existing ERP software relative ease because of a commonly established framework and stakeholder participation